Listed below you will find links to various Department procedures and policies related to graduate students. Further information for internal users can also be found on the Department's Intranet pages.
- Department of Engineering Student Handbook (revised edition will be available very soon) - contains useful information about the Department, the First Year Report Procedure and the Second Year Review Process.
- Working While You Study - Department's policy. For the University policy, please see the link on the right.
- Guidelines for New Supervisors of Engineering Undergraduates - there are opportunities for Research Students to supervise undergraduates in the Department of Engineering. You will be required to undertake training before supervising.
- Research Ethics - Department Policy
- Information for Part-time Students
- Student Staff Joint Committee - a Graduate Member of this committee is elected annually in November.
- CUED Outreach - information for volunteers.
- Language Unit - provides language courses for all.
- Conference and Travel Grants - information regarding the grants and how to apply (Application form).
Two Graduate Prizes are offered by the University for papers/reports written by Graduate Students in Engineering, the John Winbolt Prize and the Hamilton Prize.
Problems, Complaints and Appeals
If you are in difficulty in relation to your course, you should discuss the problem in the first instance with your Supervisor or Advisor. There are also a number of other people who may be able to help you if there are difficulties in doing this, including the Head of your Research Group or Head of Division, the Secretary of the Degree Committee and the Deputy Head of Department (Graduate Studies). The Graduate Student Mediator can also offer confidential help and advice if you are in dispute with your supervisor. If your difficulties are not specifically related to your course, you should contact your College Tutor. If you wish to make a formal complaint, you should arrange a meeting with the Secretary of the Degree Committee. Further advice is available from the Student Registry.