This year’s photography competition, open to all staff and students in the Department, is sponsored by leading optical systems manufacturer Carl Zeiss (electron microscopy division) who have kindly donated four excellent prizes.
"Behind each image is a fascinating story of dedicated research."
— Philip Guildford, Director of Research, Department of Engineering
This year, for the first time, there will also be a Head of Department cash prize of £300 for the photo or video with the most innovative engineering story behind it.
- 1st prize: ZEISS Planar Camera Lens T* 1,4/50 to fit either a Canon (ZE) or Nikon (ZF.2) camera
- 2nd prize: Nokia Lumia 820 Sim-free Windows Smartphone with ZEISS Lens
- 3rd prize: ZEISS Mini Quick Monocular 5 x 10 T*
- Scanning Electron Microscopy prize for micrographs captured using an SEM: ZEISS Cinemizer OLED 3D Multimedia Video Glasses
- Head of Department prize for the photo or video with the most innovative engineering story behind it: £300 cash prize
We would like to see images that relate to research or teaching in the Department or engineers out in the field, which may be beautiful, fascinating, intriguing, amusing, or possibly all of these things.
Photographs must be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to Jacqueline Saggers or Ann Lynn BEO-23.
Full details at: www.eng.cam.ac.uk/photocomp
Deadline for entries: 14th June 2013