DAAD Lector/Coordinator and teacher of German
Telephone: +44 1223 7 66765
- German Lower Intermediate
- German Middle Intermediate
- German Upper Intermediate
- German Advanced
- German Advanced Plus
- German 3rd Year Project (SL3/SL4)
- German 4th Year Module (4M2)
- Bye-Fellow at Downing College
- External Examiner at King's College London
Alexander Bleistein teaches German language in different capacities at the University of Cambridge: As a DAAD-Lektor at the Centre for Languages and Inter-Communication (CLIC) within the Engineering Department, he coordinates the German section, teaches at different levels with a focus on German for specific purposes, represents the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), and advises students on opportunities of academic stays in Germany. As a Bye-Fellow at Downing College, he supervises Modern and Medieval Languages and Linguistics students of German.
Alexander studied German and Social Sciences at the University of Bamberg. Before commencing his post in Cambridge in 2016, he worked with the Goethe Institutes in London and Rotterdam.
Department role and responsibilities
- Coordinator and teacher of German
- DAAD-Lektor (representative of the German Academic Exchange Service)