Research Associate in Prognostics and Predictive Maintenance
Academic Division: Manufacturing and Management
Research group: Manufacturing Systems
Dr. Hang Zhou obtained his PhD on Mechanics of Materials and Engineering Asset Management. His undergraduate was on Civil and Environmental Engineering from Hong Kong. Hang has also worked as an architect and structural engineer in Hong Kong between his undergraduate and PhD studies. His applied research has close ties with different industrial partners, including Siemens AG, Rolls-Royce plc, BAE Systems plc, Bombardier Inc., ANSYS Inc., CFMS Ltd. and National Grid plc.
Hang has been recognized for research excellence by awards from the Great Britain-China Educational Trust (GBCET) and the Henry Lester Trust.
His research background and interests include:
- Engineering Asset Management
- Operational Research
- Industry 4.0
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Aerospace Engineering
- Material Science
- Power Generation and Transmission
- Structural Engineering and Design
- Computational Solid Mechanics and Fluid Dynamics
- Journal Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Materials & Design, Engineering Reports etc.
- Conference Reviewer: AMEST 2020
St Edmund's College, Cambridge
Department role and responsibilities
- Structural Design Course
Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge
- MBA Elective Course
- MSt in Entrepreneurship
Judge Business School, University of Cambridge