Senior Research Associate in Quantum Device and Circuit Evaluation
Academic Division: Electrical Engineering
Research group: Solid State Electronics and Nanoscale Science
- Superconducting-Semiconducting Quantum Computing,
- Quantum Nanoelectronics and Josephson Junctions,
- Superconducting Photonics, Metamaterials and Plasmonics,
- Terahertz Science and Technology.
- (Hybrid) Quantum Integrated Circuits and Josephson junctions
- Integrated Superconducting Microwave / Millimeter wave / Terahertz Electronics / Photonics Circuits and Devices
- IEEE Senior Member
Kaveh investigated integrated superconducting terahertz (THz) emitters and antennas- based on Josephson effect as a fundamental quantum phenomenon- during his PhD work at the University of Tsukuba, Japan, where he received Dean’s Award for Excellence in the PhD thesis, the Japanese Government Scholarship, several travel grants and international best paper and presentation awards. He then moved to Southampton as a Research Fellow and EPSRC superconducting and quantum metamaterials project leader at Optoelectronic Research Centre (ORC), University of Southampton. Kaveh first joined the University of Cambridge as a Research Associate to develop the integrated and scalable (hybrid) quantum circuits and devices, then promoted to the position of Senior Research Associate.
Department role and responsibilities