There are a number of multi function devices (MFDs) around the Department. The MFDs provide printing, copying and scanning facilities via a central system. There are two MFD units in the Print Room foyer which may be used by individuals who wish to photocopy documents themselves. There are additional MFDs around the Department (the Print Room staff can explain where these are to be found).
Printing and copying with the MFDs is charged for, and individuals wanting to use them must
- Specify a cost centre to be charged, such as:
- An appropriate job or research grant number
- Their own personal cost centre, which they need to finance
- Have a means of authenticating themselves to the system, by either:
- Their university card
- Their userid and Engineering password
See the web pages on printing for further information.