Additional Undergraduate Course Costs (Engineering Triposes)
Costs involved in taking the Cambridge Undergraduate Engineering courses (in addition to University and College fees), as at August 2012, are as follows:
- Set of Data Books - purchased for 10.00 pounds, usually at 1st Year Registration
- Set of Drawing Equipment - purchased for 15.00 pounds, usually at 1st Year Registration
- Suitable calculator - must conform to the regulations for use in exams; one can be purchased for 10.00 pounds
- Surveying Trip to Scotland - 143 pounds, for the trip in the long vacation 2013. This is towards the 2 weeks' accommodation for those taking this IIB module option between years 3 and 4.
- Language Unit Trips - approx 200 pounds, optional trips usually for those taking Language Courses, but often available to Engineering students in all years.
- MET "Toolkit Manual" - approx 14 pounds, useful purchase at start of 3rd year for students taking the Manufacturing Engineering Tripos
- Photocopying and Printing - students are required to pay for photocopying, and for printing if they exceed a limit which is designed to accommodate the majority of the requirements of the course.
- Students taking 3E10 "Operations Management for Engineers" will be required to buy a set of case studies costing not more than 15 pounds.
- Students taking the Constructionarium third year project are required to buy safety boots costing about 20 pounds and contribute to up to 250 pounds towards the cost of the course. It is hoped that this contribution will be reduced to about 100 pounds once the sponsorship of the course is confirmed.
Last upated: August 2012