Logbooks & Confirmation
You will need to record your placement and provide confirmation. Completing a CUED logbook is the easiest way to achieve this. Download a copy of the logbook from Quick Links on the right, in PDF or Word format.
In order to qualify for the Industrial Experience requirements you will need to provide written and signed confirmation of having completed the work. Any work documented may count towards your qualification for Chartered status. Check the individual engineering institutions for details of their regulations as they all differ in their approach. You may also present a logbook/report used by the engineering institutions, or a company or as long as it is broadly similar to the one issued by CUED.
The logbook can also be used by undergraduates or deferred entrants taking a year out.
Alternatively you may request a copy from the Industrial Placement Co-ordinator via email.
However you choose to present your work, you must be able to demonstrate clearly that the work you have undertaken meets the following CUED criteria:
- • The work is relevant to the engineering elements of the course
- • The work involves interaction with other engineers
- • The work took place in an engineering environment
The detail must include as a bare minimum:
- • Your name and College
- • The dates between which you undertook the work
- • A description of your activities, preferably in the context of the company's activities
- • A signature of your supervisor or someone who can verify your work
- • Points of contact including address and telephone number of your employment supervisor
Logbooks or other documentation should be presented to the Industrial Placement Co-ordinator as soon as possible in the Michaelmas term.