Foreign Language Taught Courses
The Language Unit offers taught courses in
Students from the following departments can register for a language course
- Engineering (Any student at Engineering)
- Materials Science (3rd/4th year undergraduates)
- Chemistry (3rd year undergraduates)
- Chemical Engineering (4th Year undergraduates)
- Computer Laboratory (postgraduates)
Engineers in their 3rd year can take a language Project or in their 4th year a language Module
- Run for 15 weeks spread during Michaelmas and Lent terms.
- One 2 hour lesson per week with recommendation of 2 hours private study per week.
- Exams at the end of the Lent term, see the section on exams for more details.
- Certificate at end of course with grade achieved.
- 2nd Year Engineering undergraduates can use their Language exam for paper 8