Requirements for the TUM Exchange
Students applying for the exchange programme:
- must be available from late September, when the course starts, until it finishes in late July of the following year.
- should normally have obtained at least a II.1 at Part IA of the Engineering course and be expected to do likewise at Part IB
- should be open to experiencing a different culture and different style of education
- should not normally be natives of Germany or of a country with a closely related culture. This is
because the exchange would not represent an 'international experience' to the same extent for such students.
- should have a reasonable competence in German.
If you are unsure about this, please contact
Mr Casimir D'Angelo at the Language Unit who will make an assessment of your language level.
Positions on the exchange will be allocated based on competitive selection. The criteria for this
selection will include the extent to which an international experience, such as the exchange, is likely
to be of benefit to the student.
If you have any queries about eligibility, please contact Dr Janet Lees.
Last updated: December 2011