Eleanor is Infrastructure Support Officer for Cambridge University Engineering Department.
In practice a large part of this role is supporting email:
- Setting up mail programs
- Solving problems related to email
- Arranging role accounts, or mailing lists
- Providing advice on best practice, spam and viruses
- Responding to both internal and external queries to postmaster
Behind the scenes she also helps to develop and maintain the department's email servers, and is involved with other areas of Infrastructure Support including system updates, databases, user administration and security issues.
Eleanor expects to be on maternity leave for 12 months from February 2013, during which time people should contact helpdesk if they need any assistance.
- E-mail: ecb39
- Department Address: University of Cambridge, Department of Engineering, Trumpington Street, Cambridge CB2 1PZ
- UMS: Room BC3-06, CUED, Trumpington Street
- Telephone: +44 1223 7 48209