Part-time PhD in Engineering
All applications are made online via the Postgraduate Admissions website. It is worth starting an application early, so that you can see what information you will need to provide.
Before applying for a part-time PhD, it may be helpful to consider the following:
- The suitability of the project for part-time study.
- Where will you live for the duration of your PhD.
- How you will balance part-time research with your other responsibilities.
- The financial and time commitment required.
- The attendance requirements during the first five terms, when you will need to complete taught modules and researcher development activities.
- Whether your proposed supervisor would be willing to take on a part-time student,.
- Your arrangements for fees and funding.
You should ask your referees to comment on your ability to manage your responsibilities simultaneously, if they are able to do so.
When you have your interview you will need to work with your proposed supervisor to provide a summary of what attendance will be required and how it will be managed, to include formal supervisions and training, seminars an any other requirements. You can download the form that needs to be completed at the bottom of this page.
MSt in Construction Engineering
The MSt in Construction Engineering is administered by the Institute for Continuing Education (ICE) and applications should be made via their website.
The course prospectus, and further information about how to apply, can be found here.
Please note that if you are offered a place on a part-time course you will be required to provide the additional documentation as part of your offer conditions:
- A letter from your employer confirming that you may be absent from work in order to attend the University in accordance with the requirements of your course.
- A declaration that you will attend Cambridge at such frequency and times to meet the requirements of your course.