Information about available library services and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Please refer to the information on the University Library website, which includes information on faculty and departmental libraries.
Please refer to the central University website which contains advice and guidance for staff and students.
Changes to the Engineering Library and Information Service
The Engineering Library space is closed due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The Library Team are continuing to support staff and students by providing online access to research materials, assistance with research, and delivering our teaching in an online environment.
Visit our Library website for more information and resources.
Use iDiscover to search for books, articles, journals, papers and more.
Online Library Services
Our website details many of the services and resources you have access to, including:
- For enquiries and research assistance, we can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are also supporting 1:1 meetings using either Google Meet, Microsoft Teams or Zoom. To request a meeting please use our online form.
- Moodle support can be requested by email at email@example.com.
- Online access to articles, conference proceedings, patents, standards etc. is available on our Electronic Resources page. The University Library has links to online resources and how to access them on their website.
- Additional eresources are being made freely available for a temporary period. The Resources opened up for COVID-19 page is updated with new resources as access is arranged.
- Inter Library Loan requests are available for items that can be delivered electronically (provided by our colleagues at the Medical Library).
- We have recently created a Subject Guide for Engineering Sciences for more subject-specific support.
- Recommendations for ebooks to support online teaching in Easter Term can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resources for Information Skills training are available on our Information Skills pages.
- Automatic renewals are still in place so your books will automatically renew. Requests for books currently on loan have been switched off.
Any questions? Contact us!
Engineering Sciences Subject Guide: libguides.cam.ac.uk/engineeringsciences
Follow us on Twitter: @CamEngLib