Welcome to the Department of Engineering Library
The physical library space is undergoing a refurbishment. If you need to speak to a member of library staff we will be around the department at the following times:
Weekdays main site Dyson Centre 9am-5pm
Most Tuesday's Electrical Engineering (CAPE) Common Room 3pm-5pm
Most Wednesday's Whittle Lab Social Space 3pm-5pm
Most Friday's IFM Common Room 9.30am-1pm
The easiest way to contact us however, is via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please bring your books to be returned to the Dyson Centre. If you require some of our books please email the request through to email@example.com we will fetch them throughout the day making them available in the Dyson Centre. Please note however, any request made after 3pm will not be available until the following workday.
The new library space will reopen by the end of 2015.
Search for books, journals and online resources using LibrarySearch:
- Prefer Newton?
- Renew Books/Journals Online
- Recommend a book for purchase
- Recommend a journal for purchase
- Request an Inter-Library Loan
The Library aims to support Departmental teaching and research activities by:
- Collaborating and building partnerships with students and academics;
- Providing a workable range of the most relevant and best literature from world sources;
- Using national and international library lending and copying services to provide literature which cannot be obtained from local sources;
- Delivering sessions on a variety of topics, from literature searching and critical appraisal through to managing research data and Open Access.