Academic Division: Mechanics, Materials and Design
Research group: Applied Mechanics
Areas of interest:
- Vehicle Control Systems
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Electric Vehicles
- Transportation Engineering
Energy, transport and urban infrastructure
- Decarbonisation of freight transport across the globe
- Optimal solutions for sustainable road freight
- Lab instructor for IA and IB labs
- Supervisor for engineering modules: 3C5 Dynamics, 3C6 Vibration and 2P1 Mechanics
Parth Deshpande is a PhD Student and Stephen Thomas Scholar working with the Transportation Research Group and a member of Queens' College at the University of Cambridge. His research interests are automotive controls, vehicle dynamics, sustainable road freight, transportation, electric vehicles, and autonomous driving.
He received his BTech and MTech degrees in automotive engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras. Before joining Cambridge, he worked on autonomous vehicle software at Jaguar Land Rover.