Information for Visitors
Department of Engineering,
Cambridge CB2 1PZ,
Tel: +44 (0)1223 3 32600
Fax: +44 (0)1223 3 32662
There is also a printable version of maps and directions to CUED.
Visitors to the Department should also familiarise themselves with Access & Security Procedures.
National routes and Airports
The Department is located across multiple sites: in Trumpington Street, near the centre of Cambridge, and on the West Cambridge site:
Trumpington Street site
West Cambridge site
The West Cambridge site includes:
- Electrical Engineering Division (map)
- Institute for Manufacturing (map and directions)
- Geotechnical and Environmental Research Group at the Schofield Centrifuge Centre (map and directions)
- Whittle Laboratory (map and directions)
The closest airport offering scheduled flights is Stansted, which is 30 miles from Cambridge. A regular bus service and a direct train service run from Stansted to the city.
There are regular train services to Cambridge from London and the major airports.
The central drop-off point for bus services is at the city bus station on Drummer Street. Full information about bus routes and timetables is available.
Visitors to the Department are encouraged to travel by train. Parking on site is very limited and is only possible by prior arrangement through your host at the Department. Please report to Reception on arrival. Cars parked on site without prior permission will be wheel-clamped. On street metered parking may be available on parts of Trumpington Street and Trumpington Road. Whenever possible please use 'Park & Ride' sites instead of bringing your car into the city centre.
Members of the University
- Cambridge University Accommodation Service caters for members of the University and Visiting Scholars, and aids in the renting of property.
- Where to Stay - fairly comprehensive searchable guide to accommodation in and around Cambridge.