Departmental Communications Manager
Telephone: +44 1223 7 48228
Department role and responsibilities
Marketing and Communications
Jaq Saggers and Charlotte Hester are the Department's marketing and communications team. We publicise research and teaching news and events in the Department, to raise the Department's profile. We write and publish news stories every week and manage the homepage and news section of the Department's website. We produce the bi-annual Department newsletter, create an electronic weekly newsletter, place news in University publications, contact the press, produce posters for display around the Department, run an annual photo and video competition and manage the Department's social media including; Flickr, Facebook, LinkedIn, LinkedIn alumni group, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Please contact Jaq and Charlotte at: firstname.lastname@example.org. for help with any of the following:
- A news item suitable for publishing on the website and/or for inclusion in the newsletter.
- To discuss a project that might be suitable for filming by us.
- For support with your social media.
- If you have photos you would like to add to the Department Flickr collection.
- To create a poster which you would like to display.
- To add your video footage to the Department's YouTube channel.
- To publicise an event.
Useful guidelines on how to write articles for a lay audience and procedures on inviting a film crew into the Department are also available on our intranet pages.
Roberta Trupiano produces the Department's internal weekly bulletin. If you have any items for the bulletin/intranet, please email email@example.com.
Jane Hunter looks after the Department's electronic notice boards. If you have any announcements for the electronic screens please email firstname.lastname@example.org