Senior Technical Manager
Academic Division: Civil Engineering
Research group: Structures
Telephone: +44 1223 3 32608
- Concrete inspections and assessments
- Remaining bearing capacity and life time predictions of reinforced concrete structures.
- Fresh and hardened properties of flowable concrete mixtures
- Lecturer: 4D7 Concrete Structures
- Lecturer: CDT CM3 Data Acquisition and Signal Conditioning
Dr Pieter Desnerck is an affiliated lecturer at the Department of Engineering and the Senior Technical Manager of the UKCRIC National Research Facility for Infrastructure Sensing at the University of Cambridge. Pieter obtained his PhD at Ghent University (Belgium) performing research on Self-Compacting Concrete and the Assessment of Existing Concrete Structures. He worked as (Post)-Doctoral Researcher at the Universite de Sherbrooke (Canada), Missouri University of Science and Technology (USA) and University of Cambridge (UK). From 2017 to 2018, he was a Lecturer in Civil Engineering at Brunel University London (UK). In 2018, he rejoined the University of Cambridge to strengthen the NRFIS management team.
Dr Desnerck's expertise is in concrete structures, academic lab management, experimental design, measurement techniques and research methodologies.
He leads the industrial and academic collaboration/consultancy projects at NRFIS.