Part-time PhD in Engineering
Applications for the part-time PhD in Engineering should be made via the Graduate Admissions website.
Please indicate in section A(3) that you wish to be considered for part-time study, and provide details of why you have opted for this mode of study.
When making an application for this course, it is useful to consider the following;
- Suitability of the project for part-time study, it is helpful if your referees can comment on your ability to manage your responsibilities simultaneously.
- Availability of supervisors willing to take on part-time students.
- Your arrangements for fees and funding.
- Where will you live for the duration of your PhD?
Furthermore when you have your interview you will need to work with your proposed supervisor to provide a summary of what attendance will be required and how it will be managed, to include formal supervisions and training, seminars an any other requirements. This should comprise an overview of the five years research period and a more detailed plan for the first five terms, and must be updated at the time of registration.
MSt in Construction Engineering
The MSt in Construction Engineering is administered by the Institute for Continuing Education (ICE) and applications should be made via thier website.
Please click here to access the course prospectus, and further information about what is required to apply.
Please note that if you are offered a place on a part-time course you will be required to provide the additional documentation as part of your offer conditions;
- A letter from your employer confirming that you may be absent from work in order to attend the University in accordance with the requirements of your course
- A declaration that you will attend Cambridge at such frequency and times to meet the requirements of your course.