The Control Group carries out research which ranges from fundamental theory through to applied control. Some areas of emphasis include:
- Control of constrained systems, model-predictive control and on-line optimisation;
- Control of large scale networks of interacting agents;
- Modelling and control of mechanical networks;
- Control of hybrid systems;
- Biological applications of control and systems theory;
- Applications of advanced control and systems methods to challenging applications in the automotive, aeronautic and IT sectors.
The Control Group is home to five Faculty members and around 20 research staff and research students. If you are interested in engaging in collaborative research, or joining the group as a student or visitor, you may wish to contact a member of staff whose interests are similar to your own.