|Many congratulations to the six undergraduates in their second year, who have been awarded
Engineering Leadership Awards this year from the
Royal Academy of Engineering. They are:
The Engineering Leadership Awards scheme is a sponsored program that enables many young engineers at
university to take engineering and management to a higher level.
- Suria Ismail (Jesus);
- Ian Evans (Jesus);
- Edward Sharp (Robinson);
- Claire Foister (Fitzwilliam);
- Natalie Davis (Selwyn)
- Emily Todd (New Hall).
Benefits to the students include:
This year's winners have plans for the summer ranging from repairing aircraft in Tanzania to working in Dubai
on engineering related projects.
- Receiving £500 cash each year for three years to cover educational expenses;
- Gaining up to £6,000 over three years for activities on their own bespoke personal development
- Attending seminars and workshops which provide management training and career development advice, held at
the University of Cambridge;
- Having access to their own personal mentor, who is a Sainsbury Management Fellow;
- Gaining high quality work experience and career opportunities.