||Department of Engineering
2nd Annual Lecture Series in Sustainable Development
Titles for The 2nd Annual Lecture Series in Sustainable Development, 2004 organised by The
Cambridge University Department of Engineering's Centre for Sustainable Development are listed below.
All seven lectures in the series will be held at the Lecture Theatre and Lubbock Room at Peterhouse, 5.30 for
- 11th February:"Sustainability - worth fighting for?" by Professor Paul Jowitt,
(Heriot-Watt University and SISTech)
- 25th February: 'Towards sustainable consumption - visionary or illusory?' Professor Sir
Brian Heap (Cambridge University )
- 3rd March: 'A systems approach to sustainable solutions-why there is no alternative'
David Cook (Chief Executive, the Natural Step International))
- 10th March: 'Water and poverty: will the dream of sustainable development be realised?'
Professor Richard Carter (Cranfield University )
- 21st April: 'Understanding the linkages between climate change and sustainable development using
the sustainomics framework' Professor Mohan Munasinghe (Vice Chair of IPCC)
- 28th April: 'Sustainable Urban Mobility – transport solutions for the 21st
century' Fred Salvucci (MIT, and former Secretary of Transportation for the State of Massachusetts
- 5th May: 'Ecology, conservation and the human role' Sir Crispin Tickell (Government
Advisor on the Environment and former UK Ambassador to the UN)
The Lectures are being organised by the Department of Engineering's Centre for Sustainable Development.
For further details please contact: Dr R.A.Fenner Tel: 01223 765626; e-mail email@example.com
All are welcome.